Monday, June 9, 2008

Paper Bag Scrapbook Albums

I don't very often post about things I'm selling in my etsy store, but I am hoping to be featured on TipJunkie's blog and to do that, I need a direct link to my products.

So, I'll start by describing what a paper bag album is.

I start with 3 paper bags that have been treated (to make them acid-free) and pressed (to get the wrinkles out). They have also been folded, sewn down the seam (to make them more durable) and 5 holes punched in the spine. I don't do any of that work! I buy them from a lady on eBay who I've been buying them from for almost 2 years. She's the best I've found for quality and a great price!

Then I choose a theme or whatever papers I want to use and I go for it! I'm working on a ballerina album and a princess album right now. My niece (she's turning 4 in a few days) gave both a thumbs up and couldn't decide which she liked better. That's a good sign! :-)

Here is a pirate paper bag album I have listed in my etsy store right now.

The front cover:


Some of the inside pages, with matted journal blocks and a matte for 4x5 pictures. The pages without mattes are perfect for a collage of pictures.






This one has an extra pocket inside for extra pictures, notes, flat souveniers, etc. The brads are gold since pirates look for gold.


Here is a side view of a different album to show the depth and detail of the side.


My favorite thing about paper bag albums is that the opening from the paper bag creates a pocket that is perfect for pictures, movie tickets, ticket stubs, report cards, well baby check measurements, notes, etc. Each pocket has a blank tabbed pull-out page for journaling or for a drawing, etc.

These books are so easy to personalize with photos from a specific occasion or they can be given away for the recipient to fill. These books can also be made to fit your specific ideas. Favorite animals, school colors, wedding, baby's first year, specific themes, anything! If you can dream it (and I can find the paper for it) it can be made! :-)