Tuesday, June 24, 2008

CD Holder and Thank You Card in One

A few weeks ago, we enjoyed a week with my Grandpa and his wife, Nancy. They fed us, provided fresh, clean beds to sleep on, the use of their washer and dryer and just made it a wonderful vacation for us!

We had a great time and I wanted to let them know how much it was appreciated. I had a CD of pictures to send them that I had taken from our time there, so I googled a CD holder and found this template. I changed it up a bit, since I was using it for a card instead of an album, and then made it my own style and this is what I ended up with. I sort of used Taylor's sketch-TECC20, but I changed it up a bit (and I was way too late to post it to her challenge--Bummer!).


I had room on the left inside to write a note.


I'm so, so pleased with how well it all came together and it was exactly what I pictured! I don't know if I'll ever have a reason to make another one, but this one was perfect.

I hope G'pa Roger and G'ma Nancy know how much they are appreciated and loved!

I'll leave you with a picture from our trip. My husband, Slade, didn't make it and my mom was taking the picture. We also had an extra kiddo, my nephew, Josh.


Back (L-R) My dad, me, G'pa Roger, Nancy.
Front (L-R) Randall, Josh, Russell

Stamps: Grasshopper Fluffles by Stampendous!
Paper: cardstock, My Mind's Eye patterned paper
Tools: copic markers, scor-pal, corner rounder with guard removed

No comments: