Friday, May 22, 2009

Teacher Gifts

Back when I made Russell's teacher a crayon initial, I had grand intentions of making one for each of Randall's teachers, too. It just didn't happen. So, I was determined to make them for the end of the year.

My neighbor, Allison, wanted to make one, too, so we spent a few hours together one evening and cut up crayons. We're such cut-ups. Ha, ha. Ha. Hmmm.

Anyway, I was very pleased with the result! So, of course, I had to take a picture. For some reason, when I make a gift, I like it so much, it's hard to give it away. Although, I don't know what I'd do with two crayon intials (especially considering I don't have a 'K' or a 'P' anywhere in my name...). But, if I take a picture, I have no trouble giving it away. I know, I'm weird.

So, here they are:


And, just because I'm so crafty and cool like that, I even wrapped them up in a very professional manner.


Oh, wait, I must've forgotten to take a picture of them all wrapped and spiffy in their matching paper with handmade bows. Or... Maybe the whole "matching wrapping paper and handmade bows" was just in my wildest dreams. You spend too much time cutting crayons and sniffing tacky glue and you, too, can have wild dreams...

I used the basic idea of the crayon initial from Dawn's blog. She helped me last time (because I don't have PhotoShop and I waited until the last minute before beginning my project), but this time, I was a big girl and did it by myself. It was much easier than I expected. I used Word and made mine to fit an 8 1/2 x 11 frame.

No handmade cards this time with the busy-ness of the end of the school year. I know, I know...

By the time the kids graduate from high school, they will have left a trail of initials and broken hearts... er, crayons.

No comments: