Monday, May 11, 2009

Baby Showers

I have had quite a few baby showers lately and I always forget to make a card!

I had two in one weekend and I finished the presents (refrigerator scrapbooks and diapers), but had to rush at the last minute for cards. Here are the quick cards I came up with. I was very, very pleased and I'll definitely make more--maybe even sooner than 10 minutes before I need to leave for the shower... maybe...

One shower was for a Mama having a little girl. So, here was Kirsten's gift bag and card.


A close up of the card. The paper matched the refrigerator scrapbook she got with both her daughters' names on it.


The other was for a Mama having a little boy. We don't know his name, yet, so here was Baby Fruge's gift bag and card.


And a close up of the card.


The stamp was one of a set of 4 that I got from the Dollar $pot at Target and I mainly just used cardstock for the paper. I used my copic markers to slightly color the images. And, I used a scrap of ribbon and a piece of crochet thread to tie the cards on.

I loved how their gift bags matched (not that anyone noticed... or cared) I know, I'm a dork. I'm okay with that.

So, the moral of the story is, whatever you do, don't drink the water here! I think babies are contagious!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Wickland said...

It's better than drinking the water here... there's an epidemic of TWINS in our subdivision! Just among my friends there are 5 sets of twins already (2 years or younger) and none of them run in the family! Must be the water...

Tricia ~~ Handmade Whimzy said...

I like when things like that match too and I always notice when someone gives me a nicely wrapped gift. Guess I'm a dork too. LOL