Thursday, September 4, 2008

Halloween is just around the corner!

Well, maybe not just around the corner, but it's close, so I'm getting in the crafty mood.

I just got a huge shipment of tins in yesterday. I was out of the ones I use for my refrigerator albums and wanted to get more of the round ones I'm starting to use for my magnet sets. As I was finding room for all my new goodies, I came across a box of these tins that I bought a while ago.


I bought them planning to use them for nugget boxes. I made a few for teacher gifts (school and church) last year and then haven't used them since.




So, yesterday, I decided to make some Halloween tins and see if they are a hit at the craft shows or not. It's hard to know what will sell and what won't. I think I'll list them in my etsy store, too.






I used Stampin' Up!'s retired stamps "Batty For You". They are one of my favorite sets and as soon as I heard they were retiring, I had to get them!

I've heard of people using the big rectangle tins for card sets and such, too. I'm not always good at trying out new things. I get stuck in my rut...

Stamps: Batty For You from Stampin' Up!
Paper: cardstock, KI Memories patterned paper (scraps left over from another project)
Tools: guillotine cutter, scallop punch, circle punches, double-sided tape (my best friend!)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We don't do halloween, but this are a great idea! Now that my photo tins are all gifted out - maybe we can chat about these as favors??? :)

My parents have a 30th wedding anniversary coming up. The plans aren't concrete, but if we get a shindig together, this would be great (and yummy) thank-you's...

Do you have a bulk discount? :)