Monday, March 31, 2008

Let's go shopping!

I have had a few different bella stamps on my wish list for quite a while now and finally bought some. I tried to get versatile ones so that I'll be sure to use them.

Meet emmybella!


I used sketch challenge SC167 from Splitcoaststampers.

The paper is from Target's $1 spot! I bought it only because of this shoe paper! I loved it at first sight! There were 6 different, coordinating papers in the package. I figured that the paper would be cheap-o and thin, but I was quite pleasantly surprised to find the paper to be even sturdier than most of my scrapbook papers. Not as thick as cardstock, but not flimsy like the cheap paper I bought at JoAnn's last time we had a scrapbook weekend in Dallas.

I chose my papers first and then colored emmybella. I used my copics but didn't do any shading. I am still learning how to use them, so I didn't want to mess up. She's a skinny little image and there's not much room for error, either. I need to get a skin-colored marker so I can color her skin, but I didn't want her to look like she had used the spray and tan, so I left her snow white for now.

I used a needle and my paper-piercing template from SU! and I was very pleased with the triangles in the left corners of the image and the card. I just didn't realize that I hadn't adhered those corners down before I took this picture. Oh, well.


I used foam dots to pop up her shopping bags. They popped up a little more than I meant, but she probably just found a good sale! Then I popped up the entire matted image using foam dots also.

The Happy Birthday sentiment is from a tiny Studio g stamp set.

She looks like she's had a successful birthday shopping trip, don't you think?

No comments: