Saturday, June 14, 2008

My mom wanted some graduation cards recently and I have only one graduation stamp and it wasn't doing what I wanted it to do, so I decided to attempt to paper piece. I actually used the stamp as my template, of sorts, and came up with this. The Senior goes to a Christian school here in town and the colors were silver and blue.



I printed the Congratulations on the computer. I used a set of foam alphabet stamps I got at Hobby Lobby many moons ago for the "grad" word, but it didn't seem to stand out, so I used a scrapbook pen and doodled around the edges of the letters. I like how that made them pop. It also makes the card even more "handmade".

A close up of the graduation hat. I used a piece of yellow embroidery floss for the tassel and a small round brad to hold it in place.


I made two of these and once I figured out what I wanted to do for the graduation cap, they were both pretty quick and easy.

Happy Graduation!

No comments: